Thursday 26 April 2007

And now I'm in plaster.


I had to go to the outpatients department today to see my surgeon, as I telephoned to ask when my appointment would be next week, as I had not heard from them. They told me that my surgeon has NO clinic next week, and advised me to go today. (Thanks to my chauffeur)

I had all the dressings removed (and quickly took a quick pic when no one was looking) and then Mr Mullins said 'you're not going to like this but i think it would be best if you were in plaster, to keep the toe straight, and make the most of the surgery' .... oh no!

There were no porters available to take me to the plaster room, so i had to WALK, all the way up the tunnel from out patients to the plaster room, near A&E - what a walk, i was sweating by the time i got there.

The delightful staff at the plaster room were straight on the case and gave me a choice of plaster colour - red, green, blue, white or glow in the dark - thought i would opt for red, same colour as my car (that I long to drive).

All is well with the plaster, even though my foot is now burning in pain, except my little toe is a bit squashed up and my foot feels a bit numb and its to stay like this until JUNE 5th. (I think if it continues to feel numb i better go back ha ha)