Monday 14 May 2007

Monday comes so quick

Yes its Monday again and time for the usual staff meeting where we say where we are and what we are doing for the week. It was welcome back to Michael who had been to rainy Butlins, and brought us all a stick of rock, and some people (mentioning no names Julie) ate 3 or 4 sticks of rock!!
I had quite a few humourous emails today which i feel obliged to share with the workforce, so check out for those to give you a smile to the beginning of the week.
I had the usual phone call or two, millions of emails and a meeting to keep me busy today - and waited patiently for the arrival of Penlan Communities First team but they didnt turn up!!
Neither did our new community development trainee.... maybe theyve heard bad stuff about us...lol :) only joking!!
I recieved yet another certificate to add to my collection today, for the course that I attended on Health & Saftey in the Workplace... now nicely filed away under 'training'.
I have a busy week ahead out and about meeting and greeting folk, I will be in Townhill tomorrow discussing my experience of poverty ( I still am skint, any donations or pay rises gratefully received), and then in Tairgwaith on Wednesday for a community progression meeting, chauffeured by the lovely Warren again (look out for the tractors!!), then I will see what DOVE get up to in PC Surgery with Mike, as its only fair being with nicky last week (who is now basking in the sun in Cuba - lucky chap!), and Wednesday night I shall be dining with the Lord Mayor (and others from work) so I best learn the knife and fork procedures!!!
So its been a busy day - and i WALKED to and from work today, without my crutches too and it didnt take me that long, i wasnt late for work, but I did leave the house at 430 a.m. Not bad going!!!

No comments: