Thursday 24 May 2007

Multipication and Timetables

I spent most of today looking at the potential timetable for this coming September - with the courses provided by the Department of Adult Continuing Education (DACE). I spent hours looking at what was suggested but am trying to see if we can put on new and exiting courses next term that have not been provided before, such as animation, digital sound and advanced powerpoint and photoshop. We shall see. I did not get to complete this and send it off to the university for their consideration, as the lovely Karen arrived to nag me to do my numeracy practice papers as part of the employers pledge.
I think she was rather surprised and shocked to see that i had actually done some revision, as i seem to have a mental block on maths - only because i dont see the relevance of learning area, ratio, percentages and volume of cuboids. But I did it, and what she marked i actually got right. I did this work many moons ago whilst at school, but i have forgotten. My daughter joined me for lunch and looked at my work and this is what she is now doing in her GCSE exams - so if i had done this a while ago i could have helped her with her homework - and it will be useful to help my son in the future, as well as having another certificate to add to my collection..... so Karen - I WILL continue with my homework!

No comments: